Resources for the Chemically Injured - Top
Free MIDI Hymns
- Visit the N.E.E.D.S. Catalog for a good listing of books which can be purchased there.
- A Guide to Detoxification for Chemically Hypersensitive, reportedly a day to day guide to detox. Author: Rita Serripo-Shaapiro. Publishing Co. EIEIO Communications, 13222 Pandelaria Road, N.E. Apt P6, Albuquerque, NM $12.95
- Back to Health, by Dennis W. Remington, M.D. and Barbara W. Higa, R.D. Vitality House International, Provo Utah. Comprehensive Medical and Nutritional Yeast Control Program.
- Brain Allergies, by William Philpott, M.D. Dickey Enterprises.
- Click Building Materials for books on the home environment.
- Chemical Exposures, Low Levels and High Stakes, 2nd Edition by Ashford and Miller.
To order see http://www.n-i.com/NCchem/chemexp.htm or http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471292400/002-7286261-5469640.
- Chemical Sensitivity, four volumes by Dr. Rea
Chemical Sensitivity: A Guide to Coping With Hypersensitivity Syndrome, Sick Building Syndrome and Other Environmental Illnesses (Paperback), by Bonnye L. Matthews, forward by Rober James Sinaiko, M.D. Written from a patient's perspctive, this is a guide to coping with the hypersensitivity syndrome, sick building syndrome and other environmental illnesses. 320 pages. Copies may be ordered from:
McFarland Company, Inc., Publishers
Jefferson, NC 28640
or buy Bonnye's great books from http://www.amazon.com. Just enter Bonnye Matthews in the search criteria.
Clean and Green, by Annie Berthold-Bond. 485 Ways to Clean, Polish, Disinfect, Deodorize, Launder, Remove Stains - Even Wax Your Car Without Harming Yourself or the Environment. Available from the N.E.E.D.S. catalog for just over $8.00.
- See Dental for listings of books having to do with that area.
Dying In The Land of Plenty, Unveiling the Shroud of Disease, by Brenda O. Brown. Press Release. Read Chapter One.
- See Electro Magnetics for listings of books on that subject.
- See Food for more books on food preparation, diet, etc.
- The Healthy Household by Lynn Marie Bower. 480 pages softcover 1995 $17.95. Covers everything inside the living space: furnishings, cleaning products, interior decorating, life-styles, etc., hundreds of addresses. Perfect for chemically sensitive people. Available from the Healthy
House Institute http://www.hhinst.com/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org 430 N. Sewell Road, Bloomington, IN 47408 Phone/fax 812-332-5073
- available from http://www.amazon.com
Read Debra Lynn Dadd's story of how she recovered from MCS at http://www.dld123.com/mcs.html and visit her site http://www.dld123.com to find out about her book "Home Safe Home" and see the services she has available that can help people with MCS.
I was POISONED by my body...I have a gut feeling you could be, too!
How I reversed Fibromyalgia, Leaky Gut Syndrome and Chemical Sensitivity,
Naturally. by Dr. Gloria Gilbere.
View book's cover.
Available through: Pathway Books 1-800-345-6665 $18.95
The first book of its kind to directly connect the causes of autoimmune
disorders, inflammatory diseases and multiple chemical sensitivity with
colon and digestive disorders. It identifies the causes, effects and
solutions using a non-drug, natural approach.
This book is written by a doctor who's been there. Dr. Gilbere chronicles
her challenges stemming from a life-threatening fall and the resulting drug
side effects that led to fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, digestive disorders,
food allergies, anaphylactic shock, environmental illness, and her journey
from near starvation to recovery. It provides invaluable information for the
patient, health-care provider, families and friends of those afflicted with a
baffling array of symptoms. It charts the path enabling you to add life to
your years, not just years to your life, naturally.
- available from Amazon by clicking the book cover shown here.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, A Survival Guide, by Pamela Reed Gibson, Ph.D. This 375 page book is printed on acid-free, elemental chlorine-free paper, using soy-based ink. It offers comprehensive advice for coping with: Environmental Illness, Chemical Injuries, Chemical Hypersensitivity, Chemical Allergy and Chemical Intolerance. It is written by an Associate Professor of Psychology at James Madison University who knows that the illness is NOT psychological. The second edition is now out and you can send $19.95 + $4 S+H to:
Churchville, VA 24421
Check it out at http://www.earthrivebooks.com.
You can contact the author at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- No More Allergies, by Dr. Gary Null, is highly recommended by someone with MCS as being 'one of the best resources that gave me hope, insight, and the confirmation that it was not all in my head and I wasn't crazy'.
Available from http://www.amazon.com.
Our Toxic World: A Wake Up Call by Dr. Doris Rapp. Her web site is http://www.drrapp.com.
- War and Nature, by Edmund Russell. Fighting Humans and Insects with Chemicals from World War I to Silent Spring. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-79937-6.
- Sherry A. Rogers, M.D.
Available from http://www.amazon.com.
Books by Dr. Rogers are available from Prestige Publishing, P.O. Box 3161, Syracuse, NY 13220 1(800)846-ONUS or (315)455-7862. Dr. Rogers is also listed under Doctors. The N.E.E.D.S. catalog also carries books by Dr. Rogers for slightly less. There is also shipping and handling and tax.
- The E.I. Syndrome $13.45 - $14.95. 650 pages. It explains chemical, food, mold and Candida sensitivities, nutritional deficiencies, testing methods and how to do the various environmental controls and diet in order to get well. It helps patients become active partners in their care.
- You Are What You Ate $8.95 - $9.95. Shows how to begin the macrobiotic diet, with which many universal reactors have lost their food, mold, Candida, and chemical sensitivities.
- Tired or Toxic? $16.50 - $17.95. 400 pages. Describes the mechanism, diagnosis and treatment of chemical sensitivity, complete with scientific references. It is written for the layman and physician alike and explains the many vitamin, mineral, essential fatty acid and amino acid analyses that may help people detoxify . Discusses molecular medicine techniques and biochemical mechanisms. Of the books by Dr. Rogers she feels that this one is the best choice for the physician.
- Macro Mellow $11.65 - $13.95. Transition diet for those not ready for macrobiotics.
- The Cure Is In The Kitchen $13.45 - $14.95.
Spells out in detail what all those people ate day to day who cleared their incurable diseases, etc. Result of Dr. Rogers' study with Mr. Michio Kushi.
- Wellness Against All Odds $17.95 (Prestige Publishing). 1994.
The Dispossessed: Living with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities photographs and text by Rhonda Zwillinger. ISBN 0-9661571-0-9 is an important new book by this award-winning photographer who suffers from MCS and now lives in AZ. Besides the photographs of and narratives by MCS sufferers
(the Dispossessed), the book includes excellent foreword, prologue, epilougue and Help and information sections. Unique, powerful, and a great bargain available from the non-profit Dispossessed Project by calling (520)636-2802.
- Click Supplements for books on that subject.
These listings have been gathered from various sources and are presented here with the intent to provide hard won information to anyone whom it may help. If you find that the names, phone numbers, addresses or such are out of date in any way, or you feel there is a significant change or addition which should be made to these resources, please be so kind as to Contact Us.
Disclaimer: We do not endorse people, products or services. We do not give medical advice. What works for one person does not necessarily work for another. Please check with health-care professionals of your own choice. I am not a doctor and I do not give medical advice. The author is a chemically injured person who is extremely chemically sensitive (reactive) and who has just had a lot of personal experience in trying to survive chemical insults and toxic exposures.
This page has been accessed times since 6/1/96.