Resources for the Chemically Injured - Top
Free MIDI Hymns
Many people who have been injured by chemicals can no longer tolerate synthetic fabrics or even commercially available cottons which might have pesticide residues or strong dyes. Many new commercial clothes have various chemical treatments, such as formaldehyde to make them 'wrinkle free'. If commercial clothes are purchased, they need to be treated prior to wearing to hopefully neutralize the chemicals. I soak all new clothes in the washing machine for about 1 hour or more before washing. I add milk (about 1 cup of fresh or 1/2 cup of dry) to the wash to neutralize the formaldehyde. I add several tablespoons of dry mustard to neutralize any fragrances. I use some baking soda. I also use the Laundry Ball by Miracle II. I never use any fabric softeners or dryer sheets! Also consider the safest alternatives at http://www.safersoaps.com
Links to Organic Cotton fabrics, clothes, yarn, etc.
- Blue Canoe Bodywear - Essential Women's Bodywear
- Coyuchi Organic - great sheets
- Environmental Clothing
- Gaiam - Lots of good things like Organic sheets, Organic clothes, Seventh Generation products, full spectrum lighting, etc.
- Green Market Place
- Green Textile Associates Inc
Green Textile Associates Inc. reportedly offers several beautiful unbleached organic fabrics They are natural colors and include jersey, terry cloth and fleece. A reader/contributor states that she will be using it for clothing, bed sheets (including crib), children’s dolls, a futon cover and curtains.
- Naturally Texas Tees
- The Nature Boutique:
Custom designed clothing and other items, using only chemical free fabrics
for the MCS person. Specifically designed for your special needs, right down
to the buttons, by an MCS'er with 35 years experience. http://www.NatureBoutique.com
- Nirvana Safe Haven
- Simple Life, Organic Cotton
- Wildlife Works
Catalogs which might be of help
- Safer Alternatives catalog. Organic cotton clothing and other items..
- Reflections Organic (100% organic clothing). 1(800)852-9273. Nice catalog. They accept Discover, V/MC
- Marketplace catalog. Some organic. Mostly cotton. Handwork of India. 1455 Ashland Avenue, Evanston, Il 60201. Phone (847)328-4011.
- The Natural Choice catalog. Organic cotton clothing and other items.
- Winter Silks catalog. Silk clothing. 1(800)648-7455. WinterSilks, 2700 Laura Lane, P.O. Box 620130, Middleton, WI 53562.
- Click Catalogs to check out the catalogs...
These listings have been gathered from various sources and are presented here with the intent to provide hard won information to anyone whom it may help. If you find that the names, phone numbers, addresses or such are out of date in any way, or you feel there is a significant change or addition which should be made to these resources, please be so kind as to Contact Us.
Disclaimer: We do not endorse people, products or services. We do not give medical advice. What works for one person does not necessarily work for another. Please check with health-care professionals of your own choice. I am not a doctor and I do not give medical advice. The author is a chemically injured person who is extremely chemically sensitive (reactive) and who has just had a lot of personal experience in trying to survive chemical insults and toxic exposures.
This page has been accessed times since 11/9/96.